Translate

vrijdag 13 augustus 2021

Crochet pattern: Bucket Hat












 So, welcome all to my first attempt at writing down a pattern! 
My little family and I were walking through a little town called Ede this week and I found a wool shop.
Now. Those of you of a yarny disposition will understand the appeal here. I had to go in. And then, of course, there was some yarn I fell head over heels in love with. It's called Katia Mediterranea, the colours are gorgeous and it is suitable for a 3/3,5 mm hook. I quickly decided I was going to wing a bucket hat.

This bucket hat is suitable for most ladies' heads, I think, and my twelve year old can wear it fine, too. 
I used hook three, which is on the smallish side for the yarn, but makes the fabric of the hat lovely and close and soft. If you use a thinner yarn (like a Catania cotton or something) your hat may wind up somewhat smaller and you may need to add a couple of rows. I would advise measuring along the way to wind up with something that fits you well! 
The whole thing is made in single crochet and is very doable for beginners. It's worked in the round, so you do not join with a sc at the end of the round. 
This pattern is free, feel free to make however many you want, and you can sell the finished product too, although I'd appreciate a credit then. 
Don't take this pattern and post it as your own though. 
Any questions? Feel free to drop me a comment and I'll try to help!  






Abbreviations (US terminology): 

SC - single crochet 
INC - increase 2 sc in 1 
MR - magic ring
FLO - front loop only






Round 1: 6 sc into mr (6)
2: inc 6 times (12)
3: (sc 1, inc) 6 times (18)
4: (sc, inc, sc) 6 times (24)
5: (sc 3, inc) 6 times (30)
6: (sc 2, inc, sc 2) 6 times (36)
7: (sc 5, inc) 6 times (42)
8: (sc 3, inc, sc 3) 6 times (48)
9: (sc 7, inc) 6 times (54)
10: (sc 4, inc, sc 4) 6 times (60)
11: (sc 9, inc) 6 times (66)
12: (sc 5, inc, sc 5) 6 times (72)
13: (sc 11, inc) 6 times (78)
14: (sc 6, inc, sc 6) 6 times (84)
15: (sc 13, inc) 6 times (90)
16: (sc 7, inc, sc 7) 6 times (96)
17: (sc 15, inc) 6 times (102)
18: (sc 8, inc, sc 8) 6 times (108)


Now we have the top of the bucket, which should be around 6,5 inches/ 16 centimeters. If you want it to be smaller you can make two (or four) rounds less. If you do I would be tempted to also make the hat a couple of rounds shorter in the next step. The rest of the pattern would work the same. 
If you want it to be bigger, keep increasing 6 st per round for 2, 4 or 6 rounds. You may also want to make the hat a couple of rounds longer in the next step. The rest of the pattern would work the same. 

Round 19-39: work 1 sc in every sc. 
40: FLO, (3 sc, inc) until end of round
41: 2 sc (3 sc, inc) until end of round, end with 2 sc
43-47: work 1 sc in every sc. 
Work in ends. 

That's it! Your hat is done, enjoy. I hope you love it, do post me a message if you do :-)

















4 opmerkingen:

Wat fijn dat je een bericht achterlaat :)