Translate

zaterdag 19 november 2022

Milestone day

I'm just going to write this one in English because I know so many people who don't speak Dutch. And it’s a special day today, because today’s the day the scale told me I’ve lost 20 kg (in a bit over five months.)

Now, as I’ve said before this weightloss is simply a by-product of a ridiculously healthy diet, and you know what? I’ve never been happier to eat than I have been these last months. And even though I wasn’t eating unhealthily or too much before, I’m never going back to how it was. Gone are the days of wondering what the hell I'll eat, because nothing appeals and I don't feel like anything. Gone are the days of wondering if I've eaten enough, or too much, or the right things. And hopefully, God willing, gone are the days of getting sick.  

If I ever lose motivation, really all I'll have to do is look at this before and after photo. Before is just before I got sick. I quite liked the picture then. But now I see pallour despite the warm weather, bags under the eyes, zits on the forehead, overhanging eyelids. In the new photo I see healthy skin, shinier hair, less wrinkles even, (although people might bash me on that one and say I didn't have that many to begin with ;-)), clearer eyes.
I love the food I eat and I love feeling better. So today I celebrate, just a little. 



I have the whole uncropped before photo, btw. And although I definitely look big in it, I've decided that showing that is not what it's about right now. So just the faces, for today <3




2 opmerkingen:

Wat fijn dat je een bericht achterlaat :)